The Coromandel Independent Living Trust (CILT) made a successful application to the Community Partnership Fund (CPF) in 2007. This is a contestable fund from the Department of Internal Affairs supporting community projects that work:
- to realise community aspirations through using information and communication technology (ICT)
- on ICT capability, confidence, content, and connection
- in partnership with others
Since 2007 CILT has been exploring ways to utilise these facilities more. We promote the use of the Video Conference equipment to Government Departments and across the community. As the upper Coromandel Peninsula is isolated, the purchase of this equipment was essential for saving costs, to communicate and to make available learning opportunities for those who might have otherwise missed out.
Thank you to the DIA for funding this initiative. You can find out more about Community Partnerships here.
VIDEO CONFERENCING EQUIPMENT
CILT worked in partnership with Community Trust Waikato and partners including Colville Community Health Centre and Trust, Colville Social Services Collective Trust, Colville School, Te Kura Kaupapa o Harataunga, Harataunga Marae Committee, Ngati Porou ki Harataunga, Te Wharekura o Manaia, Manaia Marae Committee and Ngati Pukenga ki Manaia to:
- Purchase and install video conferencing equipment in Colville, Coromandel, Manaia, Kennedy Bay/ Harataunga and Community Waikato Hamilton.
- Write and deliver courses in conjunction with the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and WINTEC around ICT.
CILT would like to thank all of the local organisations and individuals that wrote letters in support of our application.
We purchased our Video Conferencing equipment from Asnet Technologies and would like to thank them from their valuable advice and support, from advising on systems suitable for our infrastructure through to installation and follow up.