The role of the Community Development project was to support groups and organisations in the Upper Coromandel Peninsula (the area extending from Manaia on the western side, to the top of the Peninsula and down the east coast to Whangapoua, including the settlements of Coromandel Town, Colville, Kennedy Bay and Koputauaki) to work towards priorities identified in the ‘Community Plan – A vision for Coromandel’s Communities 2006-2016′. This often meant helping groups to identify funding sources, set up application timelines and work with other groups who have common goals. Some examples of this were:
- securing funding to deliver ACE (Adult & Community Education) in the Upper Coromandel Peninsula [refer to Education and Training page];
- securing funding and setting up a video conferencing network between Colville, Coromandel, Manaia, Kennedy Bay/Harataunga and Community Waikato in Hamilton;
- working with a Community Board sub-committee to find funding to renovate the Citizens Hall;
- meeting as part of the local Providers group (social services) to stay informed of local need; and
- passing on useful funding information to groups.
The Department of Internal Affairs funded this project for a three-year period until Nov 2009. If you wish to access their website go to
For other funding applications or inquiries, you can access Fundview which is available at our office at Tiki House.
Please contact us if you want to know more about funding sources or this project. Phone: 07 8668358 or email email@example.com